Ekambareswarar Temple, Chettikulam – Festivals
· 10 day Thaipoosam and Brahmotsavam in January-February is the longest and important festival of the temple with special pujas and the presiding deity coming in car procession. On the 9th day, Panchamurthis and Mother Kamakshi come in procession in two separate Rathas in the car streets of Chettikulam.
· Aadi Pooram in July-August,
· Vinayaka Chathurthi in August-September,
· Navarathri in September-October,
· Surasamharam and Deepavali in October-November,
· Tirukarthikai in November-December,
· Margazhi festival and Tiruvadhirai in December-January,
· Shivarathri in February-March
· Chitra Poornima in April-May is other festivals celebrated in the temple.
· Monthly Pradosham days,
· 13th day either from New Moon or Full Moon day,
· Pongal falling mostly on January 14,
· Tamil and English New Year days are other festive days of special pujas to Lord and Mother drawing huge crowd.