CSI St. Mary’s Church, Pudukkottai, Ariyalur
CSI St. Mary’s Church is located in Pudukkottai Village in Ariyalur District of Tamilnadu. In 1871 the Protestant church was constructed at middle of the village by English missionaries. The missionaries made Pudukkottai Village as a spiritual Headquarters of Ariyalur region. The presbyter of Pudukkottai pastorate ruled the churches in Ariyalur, Jayamkondam and Viragalur.
In 1936 a Roman Catholic Church was constructed by RC Mission at east side of the village. In 1947 the village came under Tiruchirappalli District of freedom India and the Protestant administrative power taken by Church of South India, Trichy Tanjore Diocese. Recently TELC Mission Church also constructed at west side of village.
Roadways are the major mode of transportation to the village. The nearest seaport is Karaikal port, located 125 km (78 mi) away, while the nearest airport is the Tiruchirappalli International Airport, located 47 km (29 mi) away from the village.